In a state of hypnosis you are aware of your surroundings but feel so relaxed that the usual distractions seem to fade away. You are always in control and accept only the suggestions which are beneficial for you. You do remember what you have said and done while in trance.
Private sessions are available by appointment. Katherine can assist you in discovering your path to personal growth in a safe, supportive environment. Phone and Skype appointments are also available.
Neurotherapy is part of every hypnotherapy session, greatly increasing the effectiveness of the work that we do.
The NeuroAdvantage™ Trainer uses light and sound stimulation to gently massage the mind while guiding it in the desired direction. Based on over 70 years of research it takes advantage of our mind’s natural tendency to synchronize with pleasant rhythmic stimulation. Research has found that this technology provides a drug-free alternative that:
- Promotes healing for numerous mental and physical conditions
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system’s relaxation response
Call to schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation: 619-710-9583
How well does hypnotherapy work?
A comparison study from the American Health Magazine
- Psychoanalysis – 38% recovery after 600 sessions
- Behavior therapy – 72% recovery after 22 sessions
- Hypnotherapy – 93% recovery after 6 sessions
Read the full article here: http://cuncecuncecunce.blogspot.com/2007/02/does-hypnosis-work-comparison-study.html
“If somebody told you there was a medication that could treat 100 different conditions, didn’t require a prescription, was free, and had no bad side effects, you wouldn’t believe them,” says Harvard Medical School psychologist Carol Ginandes, PhD. “I don’t want to sound like a snake oil salesman, because hypnosis is not a magic wand. But it should be made available as a supplementary treatment for all patients who could benefit. Right now.” – Prevention Magazine, March 2006
What happens during the session?
• The first session is 90 minutes.
• You are asked to fill out a personal information form and sign the state required disclosure. I will email it to you ahead to time so that we can concentrate on your goal during your session.
• During the intake I take a brief personal medical history, talk in depth about the issue you’d like to resolve and I ask questions about your life so that I have a better idea of how to work with you.
• We set a goal for this session.
• I dispel the basic myths and educate you so that you know what to expect about being hypnotized.
• We discuss Neurotherapy and how you can benefit (included)
• Once you are comfortable and all your questions have been answered, we begin the trance itself.
• After the trance is complete, we talk about your experience, I give you feedback and answer any questions.
• I will teach you self help techniques that they can use between sessions.
• I do all of the trance work. Some hypnotherapists use a prerecorded tape, sometimes of someone else’s voice, to do the induction.
• “How many sessions will I need?” It depends on you, what you came to work on and how responsive you are to hypnosis. Most clients come for an average of 3-6 sessions.*
• The first follow up is schedule in one week and after that, every other week. Follow up sessions are one hour. We check in, review what worked, what did not work, if anything, set a new goal and then begin the trance for that session.
• Following trance most of my clients feel an incredible sense of relaxation. They feel energized and refreshed. Some even say, after I bring them back, that they liked the feeling so much that they want to stay in that state of relaxation.
* Suggested sessions for desired results may vary from person to person.
- Initial session – 90 minutes $175
- Follow up session – 60 minutes $125
- 3-session package $375.00
- 5-session Pain Relief Package $595.00
When you make an appointment that time period will be reserved for you only. We do not over book in case of cancellations and rescheduled appointments. 24 hrs notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Unless you give 24 hours notice of a cancellation or to reschedule your appointment you will be charged $75 for the missed session.